Thankfulness

On this Thanksgiving weekend I did quite a bit of reflecting on being thankful.  And wow, we sure do have a lot of things to be grateful for this year! Mainly our health and our two recently adopted little ones.  

Being a survivor of a disease that is known to kill is something one can't quite describe.  Maybe I'll write a blog about it some day when I understand it a bit better myself.  But it does give you a different view on your life and what is important.  You can choose to worry that you may relapse, or choose to live life one day at a time.   Also, having children in our lives now really does the same thing.  It's the little things, as cliche as it sounds, that truly matter in the grand scheme of things.


Focusing on the little things forces you to stop worrying about perfection, which can be very freeing and hard to do at the same time!   This weekend I enjoyed a lot of family time and took things slow.  Earlier in the week the kids and I made some turkey crafts for our first Thanksgiving together.  This weekend the kids had some time to play with their cousins and visit family.  We went to see the pumpkin people.  We just hung out.  Hubby and I even got a date night thanks to my parents and we spent it watching Baby Driver (not my choice but it wasn't the worse movie I've ever seen), eating popcorn and looking at reviews about a future laptop for me (love me some tech). It's these kinds of things that I'm thankful for: being able to do the things you love truly makes one grateful.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.  What are you thankful for?

Comments

Popular Posts